Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to school project!

Most of us are getting ready for our kids to go back to school or already have. Today I was able to return to my craft corner and make a project after having a Wonderful weekend with my Mother visiting from out of state. While catching up on Blogs and YouTube videos I seen this really cute treat box project. (HERE) This project was meant for a candy treat but I had a different purpose for it. Remember back in Jr. High or Highschool when you would get a little mother nature "Surprise". I'm so glad to be far away from those days, however my 14 daughter is smack dab in the middle of them. Each year I emphasize how important it is to always have a set of feminine products in her backpack or locker but yet I'm always finding myself with a phone call "mom can you......". She tells me it's embarrassing if someone see's them or something falls out of her backpack. SOOOOOO..... Long story short I turned the little treat box into a locker holder for her "Surprise". I think I will make another one for her gym locker as well. It just might save me from those out of the blue trips to town. The first photo I had it on my refrigerator but didn't like how the light was shining in the window casting a shadow so I took one laying down in indirect light to show the dimension and true colors. For the back I used a magnetic strip at the top and bottom. I used T!m Holtz Vintage Shabby Paper stack. The butterfly is Jenni Bowlin accented with Ice Stickles. The roses and leaf are from Wild Orchid Craft as well as the Tiny pearls. The lace is out of my stash and the Stamp is a retired stampin-up. I showed it to my daughter and she loves it So I'm very pleased with the outcome. (Teenagers are so hard to please. ~~~SIGH!!!!!~~~)


This project falls under a few craft challenges:


Thanks for stopping by and Have a Happy Crafty Day!

10 comments:

LynneForsythe said...

what a WONDERFUL idea!!! may just have to lift this idea from you!!!

thanks BUNCHES for playin' along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!

Jill W. said...

Dawn what a wonderful "solution" to an age old problem!!
Not to mention you did it so beautifully... (as always)
I will be interested to see how many you get conned into making for all of her girlfriends....lol
~Jill

craftyb said...

what a gorgeous project! I love all the bling and sparkle and such pretty bg paper! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Terry said...

Hiya Dawn, wowww what a fabulous project you made, wonderfull butterfly and georgous detaills wow....Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show and hope we will see ya for next weeks challenge Hugs Terry xxxx

mforquer said...

Dawn,
OH MY! This is just gorgeous! The butterfly and that rose just pop right off the page!! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations - we look foward to more of your lovely art!
Melissa

Linda Elbourne said...

This is really lovely Dawn ... all the little details are beautiful. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp and Show for our first challenge ... Hope to see you again next week :0)

kim-paperbabe said...

Well Dawn, this is a stunning solution to the mother nature Surprise, so clever and it would look fabulous in any girls/ladies bag I hope she uses it well!!! Wonderful details.
The Design Team and I are really pleased that you joined us for the FIRST Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week!
Thank you!
HuGs Kim :)

hayward69 said...

What a lovely treat box you have made. I love what you have done with the butterfly and love the lace and flowers too.

Thanks for joining in with us on Magical Monday Challenge

Jayne xx

Pops x said...

This is really gorgeous hun i love the cute image, thanks for joining us at Magical Monday big hugs pops x

Annie said...

a beautiful butterfly creation.
hugs, annie x