Saturday, September 4, 2010

Art of Good Enough

This is my second post for today ~ for the Sugar Creek Hollow Blog Hop please scroll down. 
One of the hardest things for me when I craft is the Lesson ART OF GOOD ENOUGH! I'm always so critical of my work and will stumble all over a project trying this and that. Funny that 9 out of 10 times I will usually go with my original idea or item. So today when I sat down to craft I wanted to do a project to get over this hurdle I continue to stumble over. Well............. I still have a high hill to climb. Thinking I could sit down and whip out a project in under an hour ..... Not so. This took me about 3 hours with lots of breaks. I would put an element on and then go hmmm. But I would leave it, walk away come back and try to accommodate so it was all balanced and was pleasing to my eye. Maybe it was just today but I over thought everything. I totally love the end result but I just wish I could take that leap and not over think it. It's my goal for this month to keep trying and JUST DO! 
The inspiration for this all started with a scrap piece of paper (the pink vase) which is the negative from cutting two on the edge dies pieces. 


This will hang on my wall till the message sinks in.


A side angle to show the beautiful layers to this wall hanging.


This project falls under some of my favorite challenges:

Thanks for stopping by and have a Happy Crafty Day!

9 comments:

LynneForsythe said...

Dawn.....that was a well spent 3 hours as your project is just GORGEOUS!!!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

Dena said...

OMG I thought I was the only one who did that; create for hours and fiddle forever!!!! ha ha! Well, I think you got the balance perfect! You did a wonderful job and each element is perfectly placed, no worries! Love it!
Thank you so much for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge blog this week!
Hugs, Dena

Val said...

This is so beautiful.
Hugs
Valxx

Sharon Basel said...

I can totally relate Dawn! I can spend hours just trying to be perfect. I love your idea - thinking I should do the same type of thing to get the message to sink into my head :) This is beautiful by the way. So rich with details - a work of art.

Janice said...

This is stunning!! Every little details is just perfect. I just love the whole vintage look of it!

Lorraine A said...

oohh you clever girl !! what a fabulous idea to make a vase like that !!! brilliant !! I love everything about this ,,, fantastic creation !!

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Holley said...

Your blog is beautiful!! Love your work. Also wanted to thank you for signing up for my Blog candy. You were one of the people picked for a small prize. http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/
Drop me a message and send your addy. Hugs, Holley

Joseline said...

This is just beautiful!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I like the lace that you used!! Pretty cameo as well!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah