Monday, April 19, 2010

A new Squigglefly challenge

Happy Monday! It's the start of a new week which means another fabulous challenge over at the Squigglefly blog. This week Kim has challenged the design team to make a birthday card with her favorite color PINK.  Happy Birthday Kim! I choose to use the Whimsy cake slice image by artist Angie Davis.
 I'm still in my vintage phase so it has a slight vintage feel.
I used the vintage shabby Tim Holtz design papers. I printed my image onto 3 different designs from K&Co McKenna paper line. I cut and pieced them together to create my cake slice. I created my first silk lollipop flower. I like how it turned out. I printed the sentiment on the same K&CO paper using my photoshop program. I used some Recollections bling to accent. The card sketch comes from MMSC49.

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Happy Crafty Day!

9 comments:

Holly Young said...

I really like this Dawn! Your paper flower is beautiful and I like the happy birthday label.

Priscilla said...

Hi Dawn...Yuu-uu-uummy!! :) Love the vintage feel of this card. It is just lovely. Great flower and feather combo.. The added bling just finishes it off perfectly. Thanks for coming out to play today :) I enjoyed your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Carol Hurlock said...

Dawn you have outdone yourself this week with this magnificent creation. I love that awesome flower and that scrumptious looking cake. This is so charming and full of such sweet details. Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. It is always a treat to visit and see your fabulous creations.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Tracy said...

Wow Dawn! For a first try at the flower you did an awesome job. Love the cake slice. I love to paper piece too. Great card! TFS!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This sure looks yummy and inviting!! i just love your take on the sketch and your beautiful handmade rose!! Yummy image for sure!! Thanks for joining us at MMSC!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Dawn - it is nice yo see you here with us this week - and what a card!! I love the vintage feel and that gorgeous rose - this is just stunning - your clours are fabulous as are those featherss! Love it!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see your cards and'd love to see you again next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Kristie W. said...

Very pretty and I love that fabulous flower!!

Davi said...

Dawn, I love your card! The vintage feel, the lovely flowers,feathers, pieced cake and flourish work together so well!

Davi said...

Dawn, I love your card! The vintage feel, the lovely flowers,feathers, pieced cake and flourish work together so well!