Saturday, September 18, 2010

Yeah the weekend is here!

Hello and Hope your having a fabulous Saturday! I hope this post goes up as Scheduled because last weekend my post did not work on time. 
I know I haven't been posting to the blog much this past week but I just didn't have anything I could share. I'm almost finished working on my TWS mini album for my swap partner Jenn. Once I complete that I can get back to making more cards. 
Todays card share is following the Sugar Creek Hollow Blog Color challenge of  Black / Red / Cream. The digital image I chose was the Sugar Creek Hollow -  Sing and Make Music. I just loved the frame and instantly saw it as a Rich Mahogany Red violin. Stop on over at the SCH Store to find other Fabulous images. Then pop on over to the Blog and check out all the Design teams beautiful cards!

That vintage music sheet is just lovely. I didn't even need my scissors. I simple bent it and it just snapped. Coolest trick ever. Granted the brittle sheet makes it easy to break into strips it was very hard to distress ink the edges.

Thanks for stopping by Have a Happy Crafty Day!

5 comments:

Tracy Vinson said...

Lovely card Dawn. I love how you carried the music theme through byt using the sheet music papers. Great take on the color challenge. Tracy

Sharon Basel said...

Great minds think alike!!!! Love how you used the music paper on this and the deep rich color of your violin - looks paper pieced? Great job Dawn!

Nancy said...

Beautiful!! I just love the musical paper!! The flowers are gorgeous!!

Heide said...

This is just fantastic! I really like that you used the musical notes with the image. Love all the embellishments too!

Julie said...

Dawn - I love this. The music with the violin is fabulous! The layout is beautiful. Just gorgeous!

Hugz,
Julie