Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I thought I would be creative today and combine two challenges. The first challenge was from Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge 22. I had so many ideas with this layout but came to a final decision when I combined it with a second challenge from Peachy Keen Stamps challenge 13.
The MMSC22 was straight forward follow the sketch below.

The PKS Challenge 13 requirements included:
  • Make a card
  • Use colors Blue and Purple in your design (can be subtle or bold)
  • Use a stamped image
  • Must include at least 3 snowflakes (can be more)
  • Must include a Greeting

  • This is the card I created today! If you click the picture it's easier to see the sparkle in the larger version. I just loved this paper. Wish I knew what brand it was.

    I tried showing some of the dimension to the card in an angle photo but it didn't turn out so well. The purple base the snowman sits on is raised with pot dots as well as all the snowflakes! It's so cute it makes me smile!

    9 comments:

    Phyllis said...

    Really, really pretty colors on this lovely Christmas card. Looks so wintery!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing along with us this week, we will be looking for you next week too!!

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    Carol Hurlock said...

    How sweet and endearing that image is. What a charming card with superb colors and details. Great job with the sketch challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at MMSC. Be sure to mark your calendar for our blog hop on Oct 16 for fun and prizes!

    Carol
    MMSC-Guest Designer

    Lovely Linda said...

    Hello Dawn - what an adorable Christmas card - I love the way you have used non traditional colours!! That image is so-o-o cute! Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week, we hope to see you back next week! Don't forget to come back for the Blog Hop on October 16 for lots of fun and 25 amazing prizes
    Linda MMSC Guest Designer

    Priscilla said...

    Cute card..I know those papers you used..I love them, because I love purple..I know this card is much brighter than the pictures show..some lucky person is going to get a fab card :) What a great card and wonderful take on the sketch. Reminders.. you can get an extra entry for the MMSC22 Weekly Bonus Prize just for adding the Blog Hop logo to your side bar and today is the last day to enter the Huge Workbox giveaway if you have not done that yet. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

    Wow what a cutie that little snowman is! Beautiful choice of dp and the colors are unique for a Christmas card...I like that! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

    I love your card, Dawn! Your snowman is colored so nicely and I LOVE the papers you used!! Is the header pic on your blog REALLY a view from where you live? IF so.. WOW!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Peachy Keen!! Hugs, KathyJ

    Unknown said...

    You got the spirit of the challenge down to a 'T' Dawn! I love your card with it's beautiful papers and cute snowman.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen.
    Viv xx

    MiamiKel said...

    What a beautiful blog photo! My goodness, that is a breath of fresh air just looking at where you live :) Your card is darling! (the purple flower paper is Die Cuts with a View, I have some - isnt it yummy!!)WOnderful job on the challenge - TFS!

    ScrapHappyGal said...

    Very Nice Card....great paper choice!!