Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Teal Santa Card

I have not been able to craft much the past few days so I stayed up late and created this cute Christmas Card. I'm not sure what it is but there is nothing more relaxing than taking a stamped image and bringing it to life. This is an old Stampin' up image (Not sure the collection but my stamp says 1993). I tried my best for a monochromatic color for the background so the image took presence. The background stamp is another oldie but goodie from Stampin' up 1997 ? collection. So sorry I don't know anymore than that. The Details of which stamps belong to which collection have gone missing over the years. The corner pieces are thin mulberry paper with flecks of gold and white embedded with-in it. I tore the edges to match the roughed edge of my base patterned paper. I covered the cutout stamped image in glossy accents to give it an embossed look and strengthen the cardstock to allow me to add pop-dots underneath. I used the sketch from the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #24. Thanks For Looking!






1 comment:

Carol Hurlock said...

WOW that embossing is just so impressive...and the teal is awesome. I adore that Country Santa image and the nice glitter and shine you added to him to sparkle him up for a festive mood. Just wonderful. Thanks for playing along with MMSC this week. Looking forward to seeing more of your creative style.

Carol-MMSC-DT