Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sensational Saturday card share

Hello my dear craft friends. It's another Sensational Saturday with Sugar Creek Hollow. Today's challenge was a true challenge for me. I love it when that happens but wow this week I really had to pull all my fibers and gather all my glues to pull this one together. This weeks challenge was a color challenge using light blue, kraft, chocolate, and light pink.


The card I was inspired to create:


My first hurdle was selecting a design paper. I settled on Basic Grey's eskimo kisses and cappella papers as my background paper. I felt the page with the cute houses was a great compliment to the Sugar Creek Hollow Digital Sentiment . My second hurdle was to add a few accents and I chose a few white Wild Orchid Craft roses, leaves and Prima white petals which I glimmer misted. I created a stick pin with the pink,chocolate and blue beads added some Prima pearl bling and I felt the card was complete.

Now, Here are some ideas from the rest of the team using these four colors. You can also enter your card in our challenge. If you don't own any of the SCH images there are freebies available at the SCH shop. I hope you enjoy viewing the inspiration the team has made for you. I look forward to seeing your creations.

Thanks for stopping by Have a Happy Crafty Day.




10 comments:

Donna Moore said...

My mouth drops open every time I look at this beauty! You have achieved a vintage feel that is so warm and elegant! I love your interpretation and design as well as how you have used this beautiful image! Love your flowers!!
hugs
donna

Mary Duffek said...

Beautiful creation! Love the flowers and the jewels.

Renee Matarese said...

The sentiment you chose is so pretty and it works perfect with the BG paper you have used. The little houses are so cute! What pretty flowers too!

Tracy Vinson said...

Hi Dawn....i would have never known you struggled with this color challenge. This is just so pretty and everything neatly put in its place. Love the DP you have used and that little snowman is too adoreable.

Sharon Basel said...

I am crazy about this card Dawn! Amazing embellishments, design and papers that highlight this sentiment digi so perfectly. You have such talent for putting together the details that make this card look so rich.
Hugs,
Sharon

Heide said...

Dawn,
This is a super duper card! I really love you paper choice it is perfect with the saying! It reminds me of an old fashion Victorian Christmas!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Lovely card Dawn! Love the big flower and the pin! Gorgeous use of the image!

Hugs
Gunn

jonim52 said...

Love the dp you used. Awesome embellishments, great card! Love it!

Julie said...

Your card is over the top! I can't stop staring at all the beautiful elements. Superb!

Hugz,
Julie

Cec said...

Stunning card. I love the paper that ties so nicely with this sentiment and your fabulous flowers.
Hugs!
Cec