Sunday, August 22, 2010

Life on the {Scrap}beach ~ 1 year Anniversary Crop challenges

Yesterday was the On-line crop for Life on the {Scrap}beach. Those of you not familiar with the ning site let me tell you a little bit about this Fabulous website. The Creator of the site is Kathryn Krieger. She has amazing artistic talents and I admire her work tremendously. You can visit her blog here or the ning site here. Each Thursday Kathryn hosts 2 Ustream shows showing creative ideas, techniques, new products, and it's just a blast to attend and chat with fellow crafters. Kathryn also hosts a monthly on-line crop once a month. Normally this is the first Saturday but this was a special month as it has been 1 year since she created the site. I have a friendship with Kathryn I like to describe more like a dueling sister. We love to tease each other but it's always done in FUN. There are 6 challenges that Kathryn creates to help get our artistic minds moving. The first challenge for this month's crop was use the color pallet from this image. Sage Green, Sky blue, & Dusty Orange.

For my project I used the softer hues and created a decorative sign that Kathryn can use during her Ustream shows if she needs to step away from her desk and doesn't want to stop the broadcast.



The next challenge I completed was skipping ahead to Challenge #4. White on white on white.
I will be sending this to a fellow beach member and friend Thanking her for some images she stamped and shared with me. Her favorite color is white. I have since added the sentiment as the Dazzling diamond Glimmer mist was still wet when I took the photo.


The next challenge I attempted was back to challenge #2 Trash to treasure. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for this but an idea did come. I created this card using a frame that I made during the week and initially threw away because I didn't like the look or color of it. So I pulled it out of file13 and used it. 


I still trying to finish up the remaining 3 challenges today between the kids and my precious  mini dachshund having a litter of puppies. The dachshund just started active labor so hopefully not too much longer.

Thanks for stopping by and Have a Happy Crafty Day.

No comments: