Friday, January 1, 2010

My first Birthday card for 2010

I created this cute little birthday card for a friend whom I met through the internet! I used my Celebrations cartridge for my cricut to cut the cupcake then simple glued the pieces together! I glued the paper piecing to a folded card base then cut the edges to match the cupcake shape. I added some stickles, a candle sticker and viola super Cute and simple card!
I picked my paper choices based off the sketch from Caardvarks New Year Kick-off Challenge


It also fits the My Pink Stamper Cricut Challenge from today. Not really a challenge just something fun which was make a project (card, scrapbook page, 3D item, etc.) for a friend. Start the new year off by making something special for someone that you love or like. :)
Thanks for stopping by to look and I always love comments!


8 comments:

Holly said...

oh Dawn, this is really so cute! Sure to be a hit with your friend. Love the candle!

Heidi Van Laar said...

So cute! What a really creative take on the sketch!

Dawn-Marie said...

Dawn~ She is going to love it! Heck if she doesn't send it to me cause I love it!

Jeanette said...

How cute is this card...pretty darn cute. It will be so nice working with you at Squigglefly. I love your beautiful banner prairie scene.

Happy New Year
Jeanette

Sue-ann said...

Such a creative take on the sketch, well done!!

Clare said...

Cute cute! What a fun card!

Amy said...

Dawn, I love the way you used the sketch to create this cupcake card. Very creative!!

A Frontier Woman said...

Great creative take on the sketch...very cute!

We're neighbors...I'm in Wyoming too! Just moved here from the East Coast and finding I like it here!