Friday, January 1, 2010

My first Birthday card for 2010

I created this cute little birthday card for a friend whom I met through the internet! I used my Celebrations cartridge for my cricut to cut the cupcake then simple glued the pieces together! I glued the paper piecing to a folded card base then cut the edges to match the cupcake shape. I added some stickles, a candle sticker and viola super Cute and simple card!
I picked my paper choices based off the sketch from Caardvarks New Year Kick-off Challenge


It also fits the My Pink Stamper Cricut Challenge from today. Not really a challenge just something fun which was make a project (card, scrapbook page, 3D item, etc.) for a friend. Start the new year off by making something special for someone that you love or like. :)
Thanks for stopping by to look and I always love comments!


8 comments:

Holly Young said...

oh Dawn, this is really so cute! Sure to be a hit with your friend. Love the candle!

Unknown said...

So cute! What a really creative take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

Dawn~ She is going to love it! Heck if she doesn't send it to me cause I love it!

Jeanette said...

How cute is this card...pretty darn cute. It will be so nice working with you at Squigglefly. I love your beautiful banner prairie scene.

Happy New Year
Jeanette

Sue-ann said...

Such a creative take on the sketch, well done!!

Clare said...

Cute cute! What a fun card!

Amy C said...

Dawn, I love the way you used the sketch to create this cupcake card. Very creative!!

frontierwoman said...

Great creative take on the sketch...very cute!

We're neighbors...I'm in Wyoming too! Just moved here from the East Coast and finding I like it here!