Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sugar creek Hollow sketch challenge!

It has been such a long week here at my home. My son was home sick 2 days this week and Friday I was so ill I couldn't even get out of bed. My husband had the day off and had to go get the oldest from school because she also has fallen ill. I'm up very early this morning to get my card posted and I going straight back to bed. Hopefully this bug will pass and we can have a healthy home again.
This weeks challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow was a Sketch challenge! I tried to keep my card fairly simple and primitive. Don't forget to stop by the other design teams blogs and check out their fabulous creations as well. Sorry for such a short post but it seems falling ill never comes at a convenient time.

Have a Happy Crafty Day

11 comments:

Crystal said...

Dawn what a fun snowman and fabulous winter colors!

MiamiKel said...

How adorable!! THis is a shining example of a beautiful image with just the right paper - absolutely fabulous, Dawn!

Sharon Basel said...

What a delightful card Dawn! I love the muted colors you've used here with that image and the combination of patterns. Very pretty and wonderfully vintage looking!

Heide said...

What a great card, so rustic looking! Like an old fashion post card!What great work on the sketch.

Renee Matarese said...

This snowman is so cute! It looks good with the blues you chose.

Cec said...

The clean and simple layout is perfect with that image. The gingham ribbon is a great added touch.
Hugs!
Cec

Tracy Vinson said...

Dawn, this is just the sweetest looking card ever. I love that he is sparkly!!! Your colors and DP add a fabulous touch!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Dawn!
I hope you and your family are feeling better soon. No fun at all when all falls ill at the same time! I am glad you got out of bed to post this card - it would be a shame if the world should miss it. It is fun and beautiful at the same time. Love the snowman, and your DP is fab!
Hugs
Gunn

Megan said...

Such a great card Dawn! I love the sparkly snow gal!

Joseline said...

Hey girl, I hope everyone is doing better at home.

I just love this card and the colors you used are so primitive and country. Great job!!

Julie said...

Dawn - This is so darling with a great country feel!

Hugz,
Julie